Zenka loans have become one of the most sought-after loans in Kenya. It is a Fintech company that offers quick cash to its customers who are eligible for it.
The good thing about Zenka Loan is that you can apply for your desired loan even if you are using an iPhone, iOS, Android, or even “Kabambe” ( button phones).
In this article, we shall show you the steps to apply for a Zenka loan through SMS and app. Keep reading and pay close attention!
Overview Of Zenka Loan
Mobile lending has become the order of the day in Kenya for Kenyans who qualify for the loans. Numerous platforms are offering quick loans to qualified individuals and businesses and Zenka is one of them.
Zenka is a mobile platform that offers quick loans to its users across the country with flexible repayment terms and low-interest rates.
Zenka loans cater to a wide range of needs although they are usually short-term personal loans. The Zenka Loan application also does the magic for those with iPhone, iOS, and Android phones while kabambe users can opt for the USSD code.
How Does It Work?
Zenka loan application works like other online lending platforms. However, the flexible repayment terms, quick loan disbursement, and low-interest rates make Zenka stand out.
By following any of the loan application methods we will discuss in the subsequent headings, you apply for your desired loan and repay when or before due alongside the interest added.
Eligibility Criteria And Requirements For Obtaining A Zenka Loan
Before you can obtain a Zenka loan through any of the application methods you must first meet and provide the following criteria and requirements:
- You must have a phone which could be an iPhone, iOS, Android, or even a button phone.
- You must possess a valid and active Safaricom sim card.
- A valid means of identification (government-issued preferably).
- The applicant must be up to 18 years old.
- Proof of income. To ensure that you can comfortably repay your loan.
- Have a steady and legitimate source of income.
How To Apply For A Zenka Loan
You can apply for a Zenka loan through any of the following methods;
- Via Mobile app
- Via SMS
How To Apply For A Zenka Loan Via Mobile App
Overview Of the Zenka Mobile App
The Zenka loan application (app) is one of the highly-rated apps on any of the stores both on Apple and Google Play Stores. It has over 14K positive reviews, 500K downloads, and star ratings of 4.2.
The app has a nice and friendly user interface that makes it easy for users to navigate through. Most importantly, you need just a little data to download and install the app on your phone. This means that it has a portable size (mb).
With the Zenka app, you can apply for loans and repay your loans conveniently with less stress!
How To Download The Zenka Loan App
To download the Zenka loan app from any of your preferred stores, do these:
- Launch your preferred app store. Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Enter “Zenka loan app” in the search bar.
- Click on “Install” to download the app and then “Enable” to activate the app.
Steps To Zenka Loan Application
After downloading the Zenka loan application, follow the steps below to apply for your desired loan:
- Launch the Zenka loan app
- Click “Sign In”
- Enter your phone number and proceed to confirm it
- Enter your 4-digit PIN and confirm it too. You have successfully registered!
- Search for “Loans” in the menu bar
- Proceed to choose the loan amount that you desire. Remember, you will be shown your interest rate and loan duration.
- Press “Apply Now”
- Review the loan summary and then choose “Get Loan”.
Your loan application will be reviewed and if it meets the requirements of the management team, it will be approved and you receive your loan directly to your bank account or m-pesa within a few minutes.
The benefit of this method is that you have full control over your loan application with access to enabling app features.
How To Apply For A Zenka Loan Via SMS / USSD Code
If you wish to apply for a Zenka loan but do not have a smartphone, you can utilize the SMS method. This method does not require an internet connection and it is quick and straightforward.
Here is how to apply using this method;
- Dial *841# on your phone.
- Enter your user PIN (this will be generated first)
- A many will be shown, choose “Apply for Full Limit” or select any amount you desire.
- Select your loan repayment term or duration.
- Confirm your application
- You will receive an SMS indicating that your application is approved or rejected.
Upon approval, your m-pesa or bank account gets credited within a few minutes.
Zenka Minimum And Maximum Loan Amount
Generally, the least you can borrow from Zenka is Ksh 500 and the most is Ksh 30,000 and even Ksh 80,000.
Meanwhile, the amount you can access depends largely on your eligibility and the method you use in your application. For the Zenka USSD code or SMS, you can access between Ksh 500 and Ksh 10,000. And Ksh 500 and 30,000 (80,000) for the Zenka loan application.
How To Increase Your Loan Limit
To increase the amount of loan you can access on Zenka, do the following:
- Repay your loans on time
- Borrow regularly from Zenka
- Transact always in m-pesa
Zenka Loan Interest Rate
The Zenka interest rate which is often regarded as the processing fee depends largely on the amount of money borrowed. However, it ranges from 9% to 29%.
It is worth noting that first-time borrowers do not have to pay any “interest rate”. That is a 0% processing fee.
Zenka Loan Repayment Term
The repayment duration of the Zenka loan is 61 days. And can be paid in installments. The first payment could be within the first 30 days and the last payment before the next 31 days making it 61 days.
You can repay your loan through;
- The Zenka loan app: Here you follow the onscreen instructions on the app to repay your loan.
- USSD code/SMS: You can repay your Zenka loan by dialing the code *841#.
- M-pesa: For those who do not have an active bank account, you can repay your loans via M-pesa.
How To Contact Zenka
Here are means to contact this amazing lending platform:
Phone Number: @020 765 08 78.
- Facebook @zenkakenya and
- Twitter @ZenkaFinance
By now, you should have a clear understanding of how to apply for a Zenka Loan through SMS and their mobile app. Both methods offer convenience, and the choice depends on your preferences and needs. Also, you can apply any of the methods depending on the kind of phone you are using.
Remember to borrow what you can repay comfortably without pressure. Good luck!